2024 Mini Quilt Challenge
Theme: What gives you strength in times of hardship?
Size: Finished measurements cannot exceed 36” long or 36” wide
Color: Anything you want, let your creative juices flow
Fabric: You must use the challenge fabrics in noticeable way. We encourage you to use the corresponding collection in whatever way you see fit.
Technique: Finished quilt must have a top, middle, and a backing. Bind or face the edges as you choose. Any type of quilting, piecing, embellishments, or fabric manipulation is acceptable.
Requirements: Apply a 2” hanging pocket and a label with your name and phone number on the back. Name CANNOT be visible on the front of the quilt.
Include: A short statement about your quilt in terms of how it relates to the theme.
More information about the Challenge:
- $7.50 entry fee includes two fat quarters (one challenge fabric and one of your choice) from the Etchings fabric line
- Registration opens November 17th, 2023
- Quilts must be received at the Sewing Studio by March 2nd, 2024.
- Judging will take place after March 25th, 2024.
- Ribbons and Prizes awarded for:
- Best Hand Quilting
- Best Machine Quilting
- Best Use of the Challenge Fabric
- Best Use of Machine Embroidery
- Peoples' Choice
- Best in Show
- Submissions will be displayed for our Grand Opening Celebration and thru April 20th, 2024.
Call or stop by the store to get your Challenge Kit!